Following a detailed analysis of the existing protagonist, structures and processes of the innovation ecosystem by an assessment, the innoSPICE™ methodology supports tailored training and development programs for research valorization, knowledge transfer improvement and needed competencies and skills in innovation management. These trainings provide the participants with a toolbox to improve their organizational capability with the ultimate aim for long-term establishment of successful cooperation. The mutual benefit for all stakeholders of an innovation ecosystem: Rather than being opposing forces, academic research and industry-science links can reinforce one another’s core mission.
Since each training participant is acting within an organizational context, the success of implementing the achieved knowledge also depends on the organization’s ability to cooperate. This knowledge transfer capability is composed of different levels of competencies, skills, and process abilities in all the organization’s structures and the ability to apply them to improve the innovative capacity and performance.
According to the principle of Capability Maturity Modeling [People CMM, A Framework for Human Capital Management. Curtis, Bill; Hefley, William E.; Miller, Sally A., 2nd Edition, 2010, ISBN-10: 0-321-55390-X], the innoSPICE™ training methodology tailors training modules on different levels of organizational capability for managing and implementing the trained activities.
The offered modular training scheme will:
- contribute to reducing the gap between R&D and the business world inside the innovation ecosystem:
- identify the hindrances in enhanced cooperation;
- be able to use personal skills influencing the relationship R&D – business;
- demonstrate how administrative processes can be adapted to smoothen innovation management and knowledge transfer
- create an inner-institutional culture to improve processes,
- raise awareness for personnel development plans and their benefit to innovative capacity.
- improve the knowledge on technology transfer mechanisms, tools and their usage;
- contribute to establishing efficient business development organizations for economic impact of knowledge transfer and to install a durable innovation management at cluster level.